Mount of Olives panorama

Mount of Olives panorama
A panoramic view of the Mount of Olives

Sunday, May 13, 2012

On our way to Turkey

We're in the Ben Gurion International Airport outside of Tel Aviv, waiting to catch our flight to Istanbul.  This week-long trip to Turkey is one of the highlights of the semester program, both for the students and for me.  I love Turkey!  Here one finds some of the best Greek ruins, great Roman sites, places visited by the apostles Paul and John, important centers of early, post-apostolic Christianity, and the heartlands of the Byzantine and later Ottoman Turkish Empires.

My Internet access varies from hotel to hotel, so I may be able to blog daily, and I might not.  Also, per my general pattern this third and final semester, I will mostly refer readers to past blogs for history and background, simply posting a few group pics for each site.  One thing that IS different this time is that I am bringing Rachel with me on this trip, so look for a fair number of Daddy-Daughter pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment